Monday, July 11, 2011
Thursday, July 7, 2011
Peanut Butter Bars with Ganache Frosting
For the Crust:
1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
1/3 cup butter
For the Peanut Butter layer:
3/4 c. butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar (about 3 cups)
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
For the Ganache:
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1) In a large bowl, mix togehter the cake mix, egg, and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
2)In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the peanut butter filling until it is thick and smooth. Spread onto cooled chocolate crust, patting the top down evenly to prepare for the ganache frosting.
3) Pour the chocolate chips and whipping cream into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 60 seconds, then whisk. Microwave again for 30 seconds or so, then whisk again, until the mixture creates a smooth, thick chocolate sauce. Spread chocolate on top of peanut butter frosting. Allow all layers to set and cool completely before serving, about 2-3 hours. Cut into squares to serve.
Friday, July 1, 2011
I only used 1/3 cup oil and I substituted Agave for the sugar.
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper. Shake well.
- Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly. Gently mix in chicken, cilantro, and green onions.