Saturday, December 10, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
Thursday, July 7, 2011
Peanut Butter Bars with Ganache Frosting
For the Crust:
1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
1/3 cup butter
For the Peanut Butter layer:
3/4 c. butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar (about 3 cups)
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
For the Ganache:
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1) In a large bowl, mix togehter the cake mix, egg, and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
2)In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the peanut butter filling until it is thick and smooth. Spread onto cooled chocolate crust, patting the top down evenly to prepare for the ganache frosting.
3) Pour the chocolate chips and whipping cream into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 60 seconds, then whisk. Microwave again for 30 seconds or so, then whisk again, until the mixture creates a smooth, thick chocolate sauce. Spread chocolate on top of peanut butter frosting. Allow all layers to set and cool completely before serving, about 2-3 hours. Cut into squares to serve.
Friday, July 1, 2011
I only used 1/3 cup oil and I substituted Agave for the sugar.
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper. Shake well.
- Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly. Gently mix in chicken, cilantro, and green onions.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Happy Father's Day Daddy!
We are so blessed to have such a kind, hardworking father.
Thank you for everything you do for our family!
We love you,
Kayla, James & Haylie
You have grown so much this past year.
You love to read and Haylie enjoys every moment you read to her.
Your always looking out for your sisters.
We are truly blessed to have you as our son.
Love, Mommy, Daddy, Kayla and Haylie
Saturday, June 18, 2011
For James' birthday this year he wanted to have another army party. We decided that we would not get the obsticale course again since it was really hot last year. We let him pick out a water slide and another jumper instead. We decorated a Mess Hall for the kids to eat in and had cotton candy and snow cones for everyone.
Water Slide Fun
The kids and adults had a blast on the water slide.
While looking for a water slide to rent James seen the velcro wall and was determined we needed it! We tried to convince him to rent the slide but he just wanted this or a dunk tank. I'm glad we decided to get it. Everyone had so much fun on it.
Between time on the velcro wall and the water slide the kids played in the pool to stay cool!
Thanks to everyone who joined James in celebrating his 7th birthday.
He said it was the BEST birthday EVER!!!
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Monday, May 30, 2011
Here are some random pictures from all the kids end of the year parties:)
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Our 1st egg hunt! The couldn't wait for the egg hunt. As soon as I got my picture they were off! As you can see in the picture....they love that I make them stop for a pic:) LOL
We filled hundreds of eggs and all the guys went out to hind them. I think Haylie was the Most excited to go out again hunting for eggs filled with treasure! She wasn't wasting any time:) I best part of the Holiday was having all the family together. The kids always enjoy getting to play with each other and so do the adults!
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Kayla's field trip was a blast! Me, Anna, Kayla and the rest of Rancho's 4th graders left the school at 5am and headed for Flagstaff. For the first part of the day we had lessons. Since they split up the adults and kids I didn't get to see Kayla very much as she was learning to ski for the first time. All I know is that is did a lot better than Anna and I. She was on the bunny hill in no time and doing great! After lunch we were able to have a few hours of free time to ski on our own. Kayla passed me over and over again. She caught on so quick! I was so nervous for her to go on the ski lift by herself. Maybe that's why I didn't do so well! LOL!!! Kayla LOVED skiing so I better get better so I can keep up next time! When we done with dinner we headed back down to Scottsdale. By the time we go home it was 10pm! We were so tired the next day. Good thing we didn't have to go to school:)
We are so blessed to have the kids in a great school. Not only are they getting a great education, they get to experience so many new things!
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Haylie was so excited to have her friends over to celebrate her birthday.
All she talked about for months was her birthday!
She looked just like a little princess:) After I was done getting her ready she danced in front of the mirror taking it all in!
The kids played in it for 3 days and they were still sad to see it leave.
Haylie was very excited to see how her cake turned out. She said she wanted a big giant cake with all the princesses on it. As usual with the help of Grandma Anna it turned out perfect!!!
Better than Haylie imagined:)
The older girls dressed up and came out to surprise all the little girls. It was so cute to see them excited to surprise the little ones:)